Boo – happy Halloween from Amesbury Chevrolet!
Next to Christmas, Halloween is a child’s favorite time of the year due to the obscene amount of candy they collect and fun costumes they wear. There are quite a few precautions to take before letting your child collect sweets though. Here are a few Halloween safety tips.
- Preparation – Have a talk with your child before leaving to go trick-or-treating. Remind them to always look both ways before crossing the street and to use crosswalks when available. Make sure their costume fits properly to avoid any injuries as a resulting of falling. Some masks can obscure vision, so use face paint or makeup instead when possible.
- Collecting – Children under the age of 12 should always have an adult supervisor, especially when in large groups of people or unfamiliar neighborhoods. Supervisors would do well to attach a glow stick or flashlight to their children to make them easier to spot in larger crowds.
- Driving – Driving on trick-or-treat night comes with a whole host of dangers that drivers have to avoid. Watch for kids walking near or in the street; make sure your lights are on so your vehicle is easily visible. Check when your area has trick-or-treat hours and avoid driving altogether between those hours if possible.
Fall is finally here and that means it’s time to switch gears and have some fun! The kids are heading back to school, but there’s still plenty of time to make some memories this season. Whether you’re out for adventure or to learn, Amesbury has something for everyone. Here are some fun fall activities in Amesbury this fall as suggested by us at Amesbury Chevrolet!
- The Noshery – Although it was established just a few years ago, The Noshery has made a name for itself among locals and visitors alike. As it turns out, grabbing a bite to eat at a local hotspot is a great way to have some fun. Enjoy the baked goods or handmade soups on a cool fall day.
- Lowell’s Boat Shop – A visit to Lowell’s Boat Shop is perfect for those who love the water and building boats. Originally founded in 1793, Lowell’s Boat Shop is the oldest continuously operating boat shop in the United States. Take a trip through history on the water, and learn a new craft at the same time!
- Cider Hill Farm – Fall is a time known for apple cider and Halloween. At Cider Hill Farm, families can walk through the orchards, take a hayride, and enjoy a cup of mulled cider all in one place.
No matter how you spend your autumn season, we hope that you try some new fall activities in Amesbury with your friends and family!